DOWNTOWN SCREENINGS 2017 - AT THE PLACE DE LA PAIX
12 Jun au 24 Aug 2017
Place de la Paix
This summer once again, the SAT and the Quartier des Spectacles Partnership invites Montrealers and the city’s visitors to the evenings of Downtown screening under the stars taking place at the place de la Paix ! From June 12 to August 24 at 9 PM, fiction, documentary and short films will be projected for free in collaboration with the Ville-Marie borough.
13 screenings will be on the schedule and will bring together just as many partners that are active in the film community.
This 12th season will be launched on Monday, June 12 with Larry Weinstein’s The Devil’s Horn, presented by the FIFA. Amongst the films to be seen later : Something Wild presented by Film POP, Dieumerci!shown by the Montreal International Black Film Festival or No Country For Old Men by the Festival du nouveau cinéma. SPASM will also be back in the park and invites film enthusiasts to a screening of the Mel Brooks classic Spaceballs. Other additions to the program are selections by Fantasia, by the Montréal First Peoples Festival, the CINEMANIA Film Festival, RIDM, Prends ça court!, Kino, Cinema Politica, and the NFB.
Screenings : From 9 PM
Admission Free - Open to all (at the place de la Paix)
Locate the place de la Paix : https://goo.gl/maps/Bhp1
In addition to the films presented on the big screen in the park, the SAT invited Dérapage to show a series of original works on the front of Hotel ZERO1, next to the place de la Paix.
For each evening of screenings there will be a video mapping shown !
FULL VIDEO MAPPING SCHEDULE
- JUNE 12 - "Dérapage 17 mapping", by the D17 team
- JUNE 19 - "Saigner Toaster”, by Guillaume Marin
- JUNE 26 - "Boundaries", by Audrey Lamoureux
- JULY 3 - "ENDE", by Rawticks & TiND
- JULY 17 - "Rougessetique", by MSHL
- JULY 24 - "Temporalités", by Audrey Beaulé
- JULY 31 - "Expo67", by Daphnée Leduc-Laprise
- AUGUST 7 + 10 - "CAPS", by Fanny Huard and Audrey Beaulé
- AUGUST 14 + 17 - "Distressed", by Joseph Lefèvre
- AUGUST 21 + 24 - "Mémoire", by Maxime Prévost
Presented by the Society for Arts and Technology and the Quartier des Spectacles Partnership, in collaboration with the Ville-Marie borough.