VJ University - Mapping & BlendyDome VJ
26 & 27 Oct 2013
In this course, the students are introduced to basic and professional projection mapping workflows and its production techniques. Includes all necessary aspects to produce an audio visual video mapping show. Creating Projection Mapping shows is much more than just learning softwares. There are numerous other factors that influence directly the artwork´s quality such as the spacial relation, colour, composition, engineering, performance and undoubtedly the audio design and the political discourse.
VJ Zaz, VJ Spetto and VJ Roger S. will explain in detail the production method and workflow from the United VJs alongside with softwares such as MODUL8 , MADMAPPER, BLENDY VJ and Blendy Dome VJ.
DAY 1 -Video Mapping
Module 1 :
- 10:00 am: Video Mapping in real case studies with Q&A session.
- 10:30 am: Production methodology / workflow of the United VJs.
- 11:00 am: Location Studies, Projectionism, LUX calculations, Blueprint creation.
- 12:00 pm: 2D & 3D Video Mapping Productions techniques with AfterFX & Cinema 4D.
- 01:00 pm Lunch Break.
Module 2 :
- 03:00 pm: Introduction to MADMAPPER & MODUL8 and its basics.
- 04:00 pm: Advanced resources of MadMapper: Curved surfaces, mesh warping, masks.
- 04:30 pm Soft edge blend with BLENDY VJ - software presentation.
- 05:00 pm Practice session.
- 06:00 pm Practice session.
- 07:00 pm Low End Theory of a Deadman.
DAY 2 - FULLDOME VJ
Module 3 :
- 10:00 am: Introduction to fulldome VJ.
- 11:00 am: BLENDY DOME VJ- software demonstration inside the dome.
- 01:00 pm Break.
Module 4 :
- 03:00 pm: 2D/3D content creation for fulldome and the VJ pipeline.
- 04:00 pm: Using MODUL8 and other VJ software to playback the fulldome content.
- 05:00 pm: Practice session,
- 06:00 pm: Practice session,
- 07:00 pm: END
Mac OS X based computer running 10.6.8 or greater. DVI or MiniDVI adapter that allows you to connect your computer to a projector.
Working knowledge of VJ, graphics and video creation software.
Projector, camera and MIDI controler. Bring projection surface material for practice.
When payment is processed you will receive further information about the workshop as well as a temporary serial number and access to ‘yourspace’ that will allow you to download the softwares: MADMAPPER plus MODUL8 and BLENDY VJ. You will be able to use the software for 30 days after the last day of the workshop.
- 2 days Video Mapping & Fulldome VJ Master : 325.00$
- 1 day Master Class : 190.00$