CALL FOR ART FILMS FOR THE FOYER OF THE SATOSPHÈRE
20 Feb 2020
Undervolt & co. projection - Fall Series 2016
Photo : Sébastien Roy
Submission deadline: Friday, March 21, 2020
The SAT’s immersive lab invites creators to submit an experimental art film for the foyer of the Satosphère*. Submitted films must be between 7 and 10 minutes in length, and contain a soundtrack.
The current call is open to different cultural communities, Indigenous peoples, all genres and age groups, including first-time artistic experiences.
*The foyer of the Satosphère is a performance and temporary exhibition space adjacent to the SAT’s 360 dome, located on the Sensorium floor next to the Labo culinaire (Foodlab).
**A fee will be allocated to artists whose films have been selected.
If your submitted project is selected as part of the “experimental art films for the Foyer”, you consent automatically to the descriptions, biographies, images, videos, and audio files submitted being used by the SAT for promotional purposes of the experimental art films program on various platforms (website, Facebook pages, etc.), indefinitely.
- Minimum length of 7 minutes and maximum length of 10 minutes;
- Submitted videos must be formatted in Full HD 1080P, 30 or 60fps. For the selected films, a high resolution version will be required;
- Encoding : Quicktime .mov, Codec Apple Pro Res 444 or the equivalent;
- Audio must be stereo or binaural, and embedded in the video. Preferably PCM encoding, 48 kHz / 16-bit). The quality should be suitable for headphones;
- For more information on the formats, please contact: [email protected].
- Three images extracted from the high resolution film (.png or .jpeg);
- A trailer for the film in Full HD format, 1920x1080, with a maximum length of 90 seconds;
- Send your files by downloadable Vimeo, Dropbox, Google Drive, WeTransfer or equivalent.