THIS CALL IS NOW CLOSED
CALL FOR PROJECTS: IMMERSIVE SOUND
The Society for arts and technology invites artists and artist collectives to submit proposals for sound projects. The selected projects will be offered a showcase opportunity as part of our 2022 program.
Priority will be given to proposals for original musical or sound performances, without visual component and designed for multichannel diffusion. They will be evaluated by our selection committee according to the following criteria:
- Originality, quality and artistic integrity
- New projects (not previously showcased)
- Relevance in an immersive environment
- Demonstrate autonomy and creative capacity
- Ability to produce a live performance
- A clear artistic approach
- An interest in sharing knowledge with the public
- Support for creation and production will be provided to the selected projects.
- Based on their relevance, the selected project may be offered a showcase in one of our two performance spaces (Satosphere or Espace SAT).
- Artists will be compensated for their performance.
- In an effort to represent local artistic practice, we primarily invite artists based in Quebec.
- However, hybrid or composite proposals from artists based elsewhere in Canada or abroad will also be considered.
If you wish to bring to our attention other types of immersive audio projects (installations, radio / sound documentaries, DIY hardware …), these will be evaluated and considered for potential future showcase opportunities in our space. Only selected projects will be contacted.
- The following won’t be considered for the present call : Completed projects, projects with a visual components, DJ sets.
- This call is not intended for creation in residence. Our website’s Creation & Residences section is the best way to keep updated about the residency programs currently underway.