CALL FOR YOUTH FILMS 2020-2021
03 Mar 2020
Photo credit: Sébastien Roy
The SAT's immersive department is calling for immersive film creations aimed at young audiences. This call for submissions is open to all types of imagination, fields and creative techniques (360° capture, illustration, 360° comics, animated film, 3D, game engine ...). However, only projects in fulldome format will be considered for this call. Each film must be between 5 and 12 minutes. The selected films will be screened publicly in the Satosphère*. See detailed technical specifications below
This call for submissions is open to all technical and stylistic approaches, prioritizing proposals which:
- are aimed at a family audience
- focus on creativity, imagination, sensory experience, legends and myths, freedom, play, movement
- bring the public to actively experience and feel things before understanding them
- offer observation time and awaken curiosity
- develop rational, practical and sensitive thinking.
Our call encourages the creation and adaptation of original visual and audio content, free of any distribution constraints, made for all audiences.
Non-Francophone works are accepted in this call. However, the artist must plan for the integration of French subtitling.
The SAT wishes to encourage different cultural communities, Indigenous peoples, all gender identities and age groups to participate, including first artistic experiences.
**Each project considered and selected by the jury will be awarded a dissemination fee. The amount will not exceed $1,500 CAD per project.
If your submitted project is accepted for this call, you automatically agree that the descriptions, biographies, images, videos and audio files submitted with your application can be used by the SAT for promotional purposes on various platforms (websites, Facebook pages, etc.) without time limits.
- Duration of the film: between 5 and 12 minutes
- Video: For this call for submissions, we recommended you send us video in fulldome format with the following characteristics: 2048 px x 2048 px, 360° horizontal x 210° vertical, DXV Codec at 30fps or 60FPS
- Audio: Audio can be attached to the video, or you can attach a downloadable audio file in stereo WAV format (48 kHz / 24-bit), or as separate mono files if it is surround or multi-channel sound. Ambisonic files are also accepted.
- Please note: Selected films must quickly provide a high-resolution version (either 3072 x 3072 pixels or 4096 x 4096 pixels, 30fps or 60fps in PNG image sequence). We recommend sending by FTP, Smash, or external storage media dropped off in person or sent by mail. For audio, a master must be provided (48 kHz / 24-bit WAV) preferably in multi-channel, surround (separate mono files) or ambisonic (B-Format or FuMa, 3rd order) format.
For more information, please contact: [email protected]
- Three high-resolution images pulled from the film, in .png or .jpeg format
- A film trailer in full HD format, 1920x1080, 90 seconds maximum
- Send your files by downloadable Vimeo link, Google Drive, Dropbox, WeTransfer or equivalent
Email : [email protected]
Phone : 514-844-2033 #214