DEADLINE: JANUARY 10
CALL FOR PARTICIPATION iX SYMPOSIUM 2021
SOUND & IMMERSION
• • • • •
An annual international gathering on the subject of immersion, the iX Symposium (on Immersive eXperience*) was created by the SAT in 2014, as a platform for discussion, exchange and creation on immersive technologies (domes, virtual reality, augmented reality, etc.). Welcomed at the SAT, artists, researchers, developers, producers and enthusiasts from around the world are invited to share their knowledge on the subject. The 2021 edition, in partnership with IRCAM and Mc Gill University, leaves room for experimentation: under the theme “sound and immersion”, the event will be broadcast through the SAT HUB SATELLITE, the new immersive web platform of the SAT.
SATELLITE is a transdisciplinary immersive virtual hub with the will to connect and radiate innovative experiences from the cultural ground.
► ABOUT SYMPOSIUM iX
► ABOUT SATELLITE
- Innovation: The project must demonstrate an artistic or technological breakthrough in the immersive experience sector and distinguish itself by its approach to exploration.
- Authenticity: The work or project must be original and free of excerpts, samples or content that are not free of copyright or that are the creation of a third party.
EXAMPLES OF CONTENT
- Original immersive sound work in binaural format (provide source file)
- Original audiovisual work reflecting the theme (provide source file)
- WebXR and Web applications (accessible from a Firefox browser)
- Demo videos / project presentations.
- Project presentation (maximum duration of 1 hour)
- Live demonstration or workshop (with screen sharing)
- For selected audio or video works, a download link to the media presented will be required.
- Web-VR works are accepted, subject to compatibility with our platform.
- Each submission must clearly address the proposed theme.
- Files with stereo / binaural audio (.wav, .ogg, .mp3 @ 320kbps)
- Indicate full credits for the work
- A maximum of one file will be accepted per submission.
- Deadline for the call for participation: Sunday, January 10, 2021 at midnight.
- File analysis and responses to applicants: January 20, 202120 janvier 2021
- For selected audio or video works, a download link to the content must be provided before January 25, 2021.
- The artist must be available for the presentation Saturday, February 6, 2021.
- A presentation fee will be offered for the presentation of each selected work.
- For any question, please contact [email protected]