CALL FOR SOUND PROJECTS
Photo credit : Sébastien Roy
This call offers sound artists based in Canada the opportunity to present their projects to us for potential public dissemination.
Original works, sound design, radio design, musical performances, tool presentation, installations... we are open to all types of proposals.
We will consider original projects that demonstrate:
- Their relevance with this call for proposals
- A clear creative and artistic approach
- Expertise in immersive audio and sound spatialization
- Thoughtful use of technology
- Original aesthetic
- Realism and autonomy on the technical side
- Relevance to a public presentation
- Spatial music
- Sound films
- Fiction and immersive documentaries
- Environment and noise ecology
- DIY and biohacking
- The SAT wishes to encourage different cultural communities, Indigenous peoples, all gender identities and age groups to participate, including first artistic experiences.
- In a desire to represent local artists, Montreal-based artists will be prioritized. However, submissions from artists based elsewhere in Quebec or Canada will also be considered.
- This is not a booking offer: this call is not open to proposals such as DJ sets, promotional launches or live audiovisuals.
- This is not a grant or a call for projects in residence. Our next calls will be announced in the Residencies section
- Given the number of submissions we receive and the limited number of presentation opportunities, only selected projects will be contacted.
- If you submit a project and it is selected for this call, you automatically agree that the descriptions, biographies, images, videos and audio files submitted with your application can be used by the SAT for promotional purposes on various platforms (websites, Facebook pages, etc.) for an unlimited period of time.
- Duration: The maximum length for performance projects is 1 hour. Does not apply to installations.
- Video : This call is exclusively for sound projects. If there is a visual component, it will be viewed for information purposes only.
- Audio: You may attach one or more downloadable audio files in stereo WAV format (48 kHz / 24-bit), or as separate mono files if it is surround or multi-channel sound. Ambisonic files are also accepted. Preferably use platforms without time limits, like Nextcloud, Dropbox, or Google Drive folders, or Soundcloud playlists. Please specify the nature of each file submitted.
Some themes of interest include, but are not limited to:
Our team will get in touch with the selected propositions to discuss potential presentation opportunities at the SAT
For more information, please contact this address: [email protected]