Introduction to DJing - Traktor Pro & Controllers
25 nov 2017
This 9-hour long hands-on workshop, given over a weekend, introduces participants to computer-assisted DJing concepts and techniques. Jan Pienkowski will present different sound mixing techniques and how to prepare a DJ set by using the Traktor Pro software, and will introduce participants to different controllers and to CDJs.
Workshop objectives & content
- Learn to mix music;
- Get introduced to Traktor Pro;
- Experiment different DJing techniques and concepts with the software;
- Discover tempo synchronization;
- Understand the different existing digital sound file formats;
- Get familiar with different methods to build a set and make music choices;
- Discover CDJs, controllers and turntables.
Composer, musician, DJ, sound designer, physician and founder of the ONO Records label, he writes and plays music that reflect an eclectic background. From his training in electroacoustics and his love for world music emerges a mix of mechanical beats, acoustic environments and ethnic themes.
- Laptop (Mac or Windows) with the demo or full version of Traktor Pro installed (available on Native Instrument’s website).
Please contact us if you have any questions regarding the required equipment.
Length : 9 hours
Dates : Saturday and Sunday, November 25 and 26, from 11 AM to 4:30 PM (includes a 1 hour lunch break)
Language of instruction : English
Instructor : Jan Pienkowski
Training type : Hands-on workshop
Registration deadline : November 18, 2017
- Standard rate : 208.00 $ (tax not applicable)
- Artist* or student** : 170.00 $ (tax not applicable)
Web service fees applicable for online transactions.
* For the “artist” rate, please send us a link to your portfolio or artist cv before registering; we will send you a promo code that you can then apply to your workshop fees.
** For the “student” rate, please show a valid student ID at the first session of the workshop or send us a digital version by email after registering.
CONTACT & REGISTRATION
If you have any questions, please contact us :
- Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
You can register for workshops online anytime, or at the SAT box office one hour before events. The box office is also open from 5 PM to 8:30 PM on days during which immersive shows are presented in the Satosphere.
Our team will send you all additional useful information by email with your registration confirmation.