Campus SAT on the Move
Digital Creation Workshops for 10 to 17-Year-Olds
The Campus SAT on the Move program is available for all of the 2020 fall season
Welcome an artist-facilitator from the SAT into your organization or school to offer your group the chance to discover new digital art practices. Our introduction courses allow your group to learn about the diverse possibilities of artistic creation using professional tools and software.
The activities are aimed at different age groups and are designed for a variety of organizations and institutions: schools (primary, secondary, CEGEP), libraries, youth centers, community centers, festivals or other events.
Campus SAT provides all the necessary equipment for the activities.
AUDIO CREATION AND DJING
This workshop is the perfect opportunity to learn about digital audio creation and DJing. Participants will discover the concepts and techniques of sound mixing and learn how to create their own musical sequence.
- Participants will be introduced to various live audio performance methods.
- They will explore and perfect different audio creation approaches and techniques.
- This workshop will introduce participants to various software, controllers and mixers, including Ableton Live and Serato DJ Intro.
- By the end of the workshop, participants will have learned how to compose, mix and record a musical sequence.
VJING AND VIDEO MAPPING
Come discover the techniques and tools of VJing and video mapping. This modern artistic practice consists of mixing videos live.
- It is often used for shows and performances, theater, concerts, sports events, and more!
- Creation is done using video footage (captured on camera) or with video content prepared in advance.
- Video mapping adds an extra layer: optical illusions, animation and movement on buildings or objects.
Explore the art of video editing, and sound and image recording!
- Participants will learn all the different camera settings: contrast, brightness, white balance and the use of different video effects.
- Participants will learn the art of post-production like how to add titles and transitions as well as how to create video effects using a green screen.
Stop motion animation
Discover stop motion animation and the different techniques involved in this form of artistic expression. The participants will create personalized animations by animating objects and drawings.
- Participants will learn about animation concepts, tools and software.
- They will create fun personalized animations using a variety of media and tools.
- This workshop allows participants to learn various approaches related to film, including shooting, direction, lighting and set design.
3D CREATION : MODELING AND ANIMATION
Discover the artistic possibilities of 3D with Blender software! Participants will learn how to make 3D images, play with shapes and animate them.
- Participants will learn the basics of animation, get familiar with 3D modelling and Blender software.
- Participants will create their own 3D model and environment.
COLLABORATIVE WORK AND PROGRAMMING WITH RASPBERRY PI
Come discover the artistic possibilities of the Raspberry Pi microcomputer and programming! During the workshop, participants will be asked to create a collaborative work.
- This workshop will introduce participants to the Raspberry Pi computer and networking concepts.
- Participants will be introduced to programming languages Python and Processing.
ELECTRONIC ART WITH MAKEY MAKEY
This workshop presents electronics and interactivity as a form of artistic expression, and allows participants to discover 'maker' culture.
- Participants will be introduced to the basic concepts of the electronic circuit.
- Participants will use electronic concepts for creative and interactive projects using sensors, light and sound devices.
- This workshop allows participants to create and build an interactive work of art while designing electromechanical prototypes.
PROGRAMMING AND ELECTRONICS WITH ARDUINO
Come discover the possibilities and uses of the Arduino microcontroller! This workshop allows you to design a light sequence.
- This workshop is an opportunity to get to know the electronic components.
- Participants will discover the possibilities of the Arduino microcontroller, a prototyping electronic circuit, and will be introduced to programming.
DURATION AND COST
- Hands-on workshops 2h: $ 600
- Hands-on workshops 3h: $ 800
- Initiation kiosks: for kiosk prices, please contact us.
NUMBER OF PARTICIPANTS
- 32 participants per workshop
Our artist-facilitators offer custom services and can easily adapt the workshop option to your needs. Feel free to contact us for consulting services or customized training.
For further information or to reserve a group activity, please contact us at CAMPUS SAT – JEUNESSE or at 514.844.2033 poste 230.